Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Project Explosion - All Because I Bought a $10 Bullet Express!

About 3 weeks or so ago, a girlfriend called me up to meet for coffee. Afterwards, I suggested that we go Thrifting.... Now, I had a few ideas in the back of my head; I really wanted a juicer but did not want to spend a fortune.

Store to store we go, looking for the deals. And I found IT!! A juicer/blender and food processor! SOLD!!!  At another next thrift store I found THE beautiful glass vintage dishes that were just like my sister's! We both have slightly OCD love affair with dishes. I drove home with all my 'new to me' treasures, thinking about where am I going to put all my treasures. What a lucky day!!

Now, this is where the project explosion began. It was very innocent at first; just a few projects.
Why not, I have some spare time. This is where the 'distractibility and many projects going simultaneously' comes in. This was pre-diagnosis.. at that point, I thought it was perfectly 'normal' and quite clever of me (I still think I'm clever). LOL The 'average' person would put the mixer in the pantry and plates in the hutch. Not me, what ensued was chaos on crack! LOL

PROJECT #1: THE HUTCH - The plates need to look pretty in the hutch...
PROJECT #2: THE BULLET EXPRESS - Where to put the mixer/blender/juicer for maximum ease of use???

Only ONE kitchen cabinet had to be re-organized to allow for the attachments but then the mixing bowls had to be moved to another cabinets; what a mess there!! A kitchen appliance had to be moved to the pantry; uh-oh kids have been in here!

PROJECT #3: THE PANTRY -  Off to the $store to get some spice jars to label and some bins.

So the accumulated projects so far are: re-organizing kitchen cabinets, putting spices from the pantry into new jars that all match and labeling them (kitchen spice cupboards were not unscathed in the process), organizing pantry shelves,,, all the while pondering on how I am going to fit those new glass dishes in the hutch.

PROJECT #4: DAUGHTER'S ROOM - Then we gave away the pull out sofa in our daughter's room. Uh-oh. So a little bit of re-organizing needed to happen there as well. Now this is where things get hazy.. everything just  kind of blended together into, well, just keep reading..

PROJECT #5: THE DESK -  Since daughter's room is pulled apart already, may as well get that big, ugly desk out of her room and painted before the new computer comes and gets set up in the living room.

PROJECT #6: THE SIDEBOARD - Will need to be painted before it gets moved from the living room to the loft.

PROJECT #7: COFFEE/END TABLES - While I am at it, I may as well paint the tables from the loft.

PROJECT #8: BOOKSHELF - The bookshelf and all contents needed to be moved from the loft  to the living room (no painting required) before I could put project #6 in the loft. It was drying in the garage at this point

All this is happening at a frenzied speed and in about a five day time span. No laundry, housework, grocery shopping or cooking gets done during this 'process', poor family. But I tell myself that the house is going to look great and well organized (which it does, for now). LOL

DONE!!! Look at what I accomplished... Oops forgot about PROJECT #1 - Better get onto that hutch. Good thing it was relatively easy and not to time consuming... To bad the house is a disaster, the laundry has piled up, there's no food in the house and I am so overwhelmed and exhausted I spend the next few days relaxing... I mean hyperfocusing. Loosing myself in a book, by watching TV and little else. LOL

All cause I went THRIFTING!! LOL

2 comments: